Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dung-can, V.I., B.C.


I saw a sign on a lamppost today: Emus for sale. This prompted the instantaneous revery of riding an emu to tam-tams. Of course, it wouldn't quite be that simple.. There'd be the obligatory cross-country roadtrip, where I'd have to rent a big enough car to seat the emu (though I have a feeling they fold up nicely), constant efforts to prevent the emu from fulfilling it's instinctual need to kick the shit out of people along the way. I say prevent, but I really mean curb. And then there'd be the absurdist rigamarole of fitting it for a saddle and harnesses. But just imagine the glory! Especially if I found the right coloured cape to wear. I wouldn't want to become one of those 'emu-people' though, they freak me out: how they think everything emu is cute, fridgemagnets and greeting cards of emus dressed as ballerinas and pirates. They just stay at home in their bathrobe, cooing to each one of their multiple emus about how everyone else is crazy. Tam-tams really would be the best place for an emu though. Emus and capes.

3 comments:

Isabel said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. With a cape! I love it!

Isabel said...

Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming around
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit terrified and then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and then I fall apart
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit restless and I dream of something wild
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit angry and I know I've got to get out and cry
Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit terrified but then I see the look in your eyes
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and then I fall apart
Turnaround bright eyes, Every now and then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Anonymous said...

The medieval fighting would never be the same. Legends would be passed on from one generation of pimply Lachine teenager to the next of the day the great (cape'ed) warrior charged onto the scene riding his eye-gauging crotch rocket.
Tom purchasing an emu is a MUCH better investment than the iguana. I'm just saying. Giv'er.