Saturday, June 23, 2007

Mind the Business

Its a few weeks until Facebook reminds me of my birthday and it correlates closely with a mean material aquisition streak that I've been enjoying lately... So I innocently post things I want to aquisite here in the near future (whistling adorable innocence)... this is the wishiest wish-list of all time...
houseplants (palms, creepers, fruit-bearers); vibraphone; windchimes; microphone; digital camera; aquarium; a frying pan; a plot of land; career; amplifier; a motorcycle; a haircut; a dog; long bedouin-esque tent material; rooftop access (and license/permit to rebuild); a cruising boat (a small wooden cruising ketch'd be awesome, yawls strike me as ugly); a beefier computer without screen issues (my screen is red right now); a nice scar so i can tattoo it (only way i think i'll get a tat); a toothbrushing tutor who teaches me how not to fleck the mirror; a longbow; climbing harness and shoes; scuba gear; a cerebral implant allowing me to actually learn other languages...
So I'd better start saving... I think I'll start with the houseplants, camera and aquarium... haircut'll have to wait...

The above picture is the cover of a comic I downloaded called Shaolin Cowboy... it's gruesome and hilarious, pointless and fantastically illustrated. I'd recommend it. (I've got a collection now... other recommendation include some of Oni press: Spooked, Borrowed Time, Wasteland... Two called Steampunk: Manitmatron & Steampunk: Drama Obscura... Alan Moore's From Hell... The Filth by Grant Morrison and Alison Bechdel's Fun Home: A Tragicomic...)

2 comments:

Indiana James said...

I was going through a bunch of my friend Jason's comics and totally missed with keeping my collection going. Mind you, it is probably something that is best revisited instead of added onto with out purpose. Birthday eh?

Eve said...

Hmm. Type "haircut" into the craigslist search box, and there should be a few free ones that pop up. Try for sale and community. Or I'll do it for ya...