@ @ @
A few things I found out about the JAJ yesterday, and general apartment goings-on:
- Amy owns a UBP, or Universal Bath-Plug, for the uninitiated
- A week after Julian's 'upset stomach', there was still the smell of vomit lingering mysteriously in the kitchen. Not knowing why, Justine thought she'd investigate some of our trash, and stuck her hand into a bucket of refuse and discovered the sauce, I mean, source
- Big Booty, the name of a raunchy-haunches mag that Julian received for his birthday, is still in our vestibule. The one time we tried to get rid of it, it literally broke through our makeshift recycling box in front of our apartment, and flipped itself to the most explicit page. So we brought it back inside rather than cause a taxi crash. Now I change out of my own bootys into my slippers while standing on it
- Amy has slipped on two banana peels since she came to Canada. The first time, she thought, was simply a thighslapper: 'I slipped on a banana peel' She said she said to herself. The second was a little more alarming: 'I'm becoming a cartoon character' She said to herself, with a thought bubble.- Julian, upon our getting a warning from a pair of nice cops for a noise complaint (back in September, there was simply a monstrous party at our place. The cops came in using their flashlights as glowsticks, I'm not kidding: at the time, and not knowing who brought the flashlights, I distinctly remember saying that I wished cops would raid parties in that fashion), later told me that he got in a conversation with one of the policemen about whether Peter Gabriel's live stuff was as good as his studio work. I have yet to corroborate the story
- All three adore my Quebexican girlfriend. What a truly Global vision they have, to be able to overlook some of her less admirable qualities (being from Quebec) to see, and appreciate, her true cultural charms...
more stories, hopefully furnished with one or two pictures, will surface shortly...