Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Skeletor, Please Don't Look At My Greasy Ace Ventura Hair Like That

It feels like ages since I've been lucid enough to 'make-contact'. But boy oh boy, do I ever have the need to babble fecklessly today! The Wiz and I went to the Of Montreal show yesterday, where Grae, Greg, Mark, and the Brian/na met us. It was a bender! With spine-grinding bass, the Lesbians on Ecstasy broke us open, allowing the Of's catchy licks and showmanship to take hold. It was during the LonX show I realized that I've been dressing much like a lesbian for all these years. "Wicked" I thought to myself, and begged Isabel to buy me an LonX pin that said as much.

The Of Montreal needs a little section to itself: much of their antics were fresh and silly. At one point Kevin Barnes (?), the singer, lit up a moment where he'd 'spontaneously' write a song shittier than anything Billy Joel had ever released. The only lyrics I really caught were: "Her movements, while dancing, were louder than God. And God's voice is pretty loud." He had a bit of an ostentatious flare to him, delivering the music with a 'please humour my effete genius' type of swagger. It was good. In fact, I loved it. Turns out, a few of these guys are from Athens, Georgia.

Yesterday, while rushing out of Isabel's apartment to buy the tickets before the box-office closed, I almost got run over by some OAP hooligan in a motor-buggy. With those electric motors, you just don't hear them coming. So, as I was indignantly waving a fist after her, a second buggy crashed into my leg and ran over a bit of my foot. I caught a glimpse of the old bag's determined grimace before she scooted on into the distance. She didn't even bother to stop to see if I was ok. It was basically a Hit and Run. And now I only have to wonder... Were they a small contingent of some underground street racing OAP gang? Or was this a targeted maiming with intent to gather scooter-recruits? I found it kind of funny at the time, but now I'm mightily pissed off. Next time she tries that, I'm going to clothesline her, jump into her still-warm seat, circle round to run over HER leg and zip off to the park to feed the ducks and become The Laziest Man Alive.

I also found a use for those dates: here's the recipe...
-1/2 block of tofu... slice into thin strips, fry in olive oil for 5-7 minutes, turning every 1-2 min.
-2 cloves fine-diced garlic mixed with 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon Apple Vinegar. mix it up. Now slice and dice 2 Algerian dates, removing the pits. They'll be sticky, until you put them into the garlic mustard mix, at which point the vinegar'll break them into smaller pieces (with rigorous stirring). Add mixture over the now-browned frying tofu.
-Once the tofu sizzles the mix, reduce heat and sprinkle a teaspoon of parmesan cheese. Roll tofu around in pan and add a 2nd teaspoon of parmesan. Roll around some more.
-Put on plate and salt to taste. (Disclaimer: Don't give to date-hating girlfriend. She won't eat it.)

So the screams are getting louder at PI now, which means it's 4 o'clock.

No comments: